Romans 12:3-8

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

What a Difference a Year Can Make

Last Saturday, I married the love of my life. As the wedding was drawing closer, I kept thinking back on how much my life had changed in a year. At the time I was a little too busy to put my thoughts into words. As things have settled down (hah!), I wanted to organize my thoughts and put pen to paper, so to speak.

Early in August, 2010, I was just starting to realize that I really liked Alecia and that I wanted to date her. Today, I'm married to her.

Last year, Chris and Cordelia were engaged and living with me. Today, they're happily married and living on their own in Greenfield.

Last year, my house was cluttered, my fence and carport were falling down and my central air wasn't working. Today, the fence & carport are gone. The house is clean and every surface in it has been refinished or repainted. Both bathrooms have been gutted and rebuilt. We have a completely new heating and cooling system and the window in the back of the house that was rotting apart has been replaced. We have plans for a garage, fence, new windows, new kitchen, etc.

Most importantly, last year, I was attending a church, but didn't belong. I believed in God, but didn't know God. Today, I'm a member of First Christian Church. I have given my life to Christ and I'm excited to be involved. We are planning to join our church's mission trip to Swaziland next summer. And Alecia has gone back to school to get her Masters of Divinity from Christian Theological Seminary.

What a difference a year can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment