Romans 12:3-8

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Have Hope

Well, it's about to get real. Janice, our pastor's wife and mission leader, is going to be buying our plane tickets to Swaziland this week. Now it's time to start thinking about the trip itself.

Janice has picked "We Have Hope" as the theme for this year's trip. As Janice puts it, "Hope is so powerful.  Hope is a spark.  My most desperate moments have been when I did not have hope in a situation.  Hope makes everything brighter, possible, imaginable, new, tolerable, expectant...hope is a gift.  Think about Hope.  Think about when it brought you through a rough spot.  Think about how hope made you focus on a better outcome instead of focusing on disaster.Imagine being a child who is orphaned and starving.  Then a person arrives with food.  Food can transform your physical being.  Being remembered, being thought about and cared for can transform your spirit.  What if...?  HOPE?  Choose Hope!"





At Janice's suggestion, I'm going to focus some blog entries on hope leading up to our trip. I'll start with what I hope to do on this trip.

I hope to bring smiles and comfort to some orphaned and vulnerable children (OVC's). I hope to bring them food. I hope to see first hand the impact Christian love and compassion can have on a society so devastated by HIV/AIDS. I hope we can help. I hope we can make a difference.

As for myself, I hope to be changed. I hope to be challenged. I hope to be convicted.

I have a lot of hope for this mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment